Welcome to Partners In Play’s website
Partners in Play is an independent charity, established in 1996 which offers direct support and information to families of children / young people with disabilities. Based in Wishaw, we operate throughout North Lanarkshire.
We aim to support and signpost families to the range of opportunities available to them, to promote the development of inclusive recreational opportunities for children and young people in their local communities by, helping clubs and organisation’s to become confident and open to children of all abilities.
We do this by
- Helping to build the whole family’s confidence through our support workers’ help and information.
- Supporting organisation’s to develop skills, abilities and confidence to include the child.
- Promoting equality.
- Developing relationships with local organisation’s so that they can confidently include children with additional support needs into local community activities.
The main services we provide are
- Initial Inclusive Support – free service to support your child within a community based recreation activity.
- Special Interest, Short Break Opportunities– free service of 2 hours sessions, full day, overnight stays & weekends away available. Recreation activities tailored to the child’s interests whilst the parent / carer get a short break. Suitable for school age up to 18 year olds.
- Self Directed Support Work (SDS) – individually paid services for specific families.
- Outdoor Activity Weekends– person centred activities suitable for 10-18 year olds with transitional workshops included.
- Sitter Service – charged at an hourly rate, we can look after your child within their own home.
Partners in Play work towards the principles of GIRFEC (Getting It Right For Every Child), click here to find out more information.
What is GIRFEC?
Getting it right for every child and young person is a national policy to help all children and young people grow, develop and reach their full potential. It’s focus is to improve outcomes for children and their families based on a shared understanding of their wellbeing.
Please click here to download the GIRFEC Parents – Carers Leaflet